GP training with AGPT can be undertaken on a part-time or full-time basis.
The RACGP’s Vocational Training Pathway – Requirements for Fellowship Policy defines full-time and part-time training.
Training time in general practice terms includes patient contact hours, education release (for GPT1 and GPT2 registrars only), in-practice teaching time and administration time (no more than 2.5 hours for a full-time registrar). Training time does not include meal breaks or on-call time.
GP Synergy records training time on a pro-rata basis.
If you are thinking of training part-time, it’s important to be aware of the following:
- accruement of annual leave/sick leave will be at a part-time rate
- GP Synergy Training Location Obligation requirements are based on full-time equivalent weeks
- you will only be paid to attend half the workshops held each term and only if they are held on a day you usually work in practice
- working part-time may affect your exam progression.
- Full-time and part-time training time FAQs for GP terms
- GP Synergy Training Location Obligations Policy
- Registrar Leave Policy and Application Form
- In-practice training requirements at a glance
- National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars (NTCER)
- AGPT Training Location Obligation policy