GP Synergy offers a variety of education for hospital-based GP registrars. As junior medical officers are usually offered education within the hospital system relevant to their current practice, the education provided in the hospital year by GP Synergy is not compulsory, but is highly recommended.
GP Synergy webinars are particularly useful for GP registrars working in a hospital setting prior to starting their first GP term placement. The webinars cover the following topics:
- Planning your learning: helping GP registrars in their self-directed learning and understanding the resources available to them.
- GP Synergy’s programmatic assessment processes – helping registrars understand how they will be assessed throughout their GP training pathway and how this in turn will direct their learning and clinical improvement.
- Support GPT: online educational modules provided by GP Synergy to support in-practice teaching and education between the GP registrar and their GP supervisor.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and cultural awareness.
- GP Grand Rounds where complex case presentations are reviewed and analysed to help registrars develop their clinical reasoning skills.
- Study techniques, learning for exams and maintaining a work/life balance.
To access the webinar calendar visit our website.
As well as the above, GP Synergy presents multiple sessions in hospitals’ JMO lunchtime sessions. Hospital registrars on the GP Synergy mailing list are sent invitations prior to upcoming events.