There is an abundance of resources available to you as a registrar to help with your learning. It is a matter of working out the resources that suit your learning needs best.
As you develop your learning plan each week it’s a great idea to do some online case studies and further reading as well as speak to your supervisor about how to meet your learning needs.
In training advisory contacts with your medical educator, reflective discussion on your performance in recent programmatic assessments will also be an opportunity to find out about useful resources relevant to your learning.
The types of resources available in GP ed include:
- Online assessments such as:
- Pre-GP term assessment (for registrars to complete just prior to starting their first GP term)
- Term2 Assessment (for registrars to complete in their first few weeks of their second GP term).
- Online learning modules:
- Online module – Immunisation (for registrars to complete just prior to starting their first GP term)
- Online module – MBS Billing (for registrars to complete just prior to starting their first GP term)
- Online module – ACCHS (Aboriginal community controlled health services)
- Online module – Evidence-based Medicine.
- Online lists of resources, websites and learning activities to help address identified learning needs and curriculum topics called ‘Learning Activities and Resources’.
The types of resources available available via Quick Links & Subscriptions include:
- Online resources to help in your clinical consultations on a day-to-day basis:
- Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG complete), both online and app versions are available
- Australian Medicines Handbook
- Resources to help you and your supervisor with in-practice teaching and education:
- SupportGPT (online modules).